Wednesday 21 November 2012

Turning point for the stags?


No defeat in the last six games. Could this be the turning point of our season, I really hope so for the supporters. A great win last night at Macclesfield and also a clean sheet and a match with Luton which we deserved to win has given me and many other fans some new found hope that our season could be turned round. Many people forget the position we were in at Christmas last year and we managed to finish 3rd in the league, we’re 7th now and things are looking up with some pleasing performances from the stags. With the momentum the stags have got now, it is really unfortunate that we have to wait so long for our next league game. Let’s just hope this is a start of the run of form we need to get us back up at the top end of the table, I believe once we get into our stride and hit form like the 2nd half of last season we could beat anyone in the league. But I’m not going to get carried away by saying ‘we’re going up’ and all that, because this is only the start. We have to build on this and carry it on, the only time you’ll hear me say we’re going up is if we are 5-0 up in the playoff final until then I’m not getting ahead of myself. I’ll admit I did criticise Mr Cox but if you look back I always said I wouldn’t mind at all if he turned it around, was just saying it was going to be too late if something isn’t done quickly and hopefully this is the start of it all. We have something to build on now, so it’s time to push on up to Christmas and be the form team going into 2013, we’ve got players to do it! And I don’t need to say anything more about the fans, the best fans in the league, even the Luton commentators were shocked how loud we were they said on the radio that it sounded more like there was 12,000 in the one call, so that tells you a lot. Get behind your team and let’s pull together because this could be the defining moment in our season. Come on you stags!

No comments:

Post a Comment